- > Contests & Tournaments

CAP Contest #5 Winner!

(1/4) > >>

thedodeman:
Here are the scores for CAP Contest #5:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OKn0euji3QRZxdYapRXVy-6T7q4glwyq8bzZEH9FEOM/edit?usp=sharing

Congrats ThAEm!

Live Stream of the judging here: https://youtu.be/2xViPcToKG4

ThAEm- please pick a theme for contest #6!

anicandrive:
I had a ton of fun with this contest, even though I didn't win. Thanks! I'm looking forward to the next one.

Chuckiepk:
Congrats to everyone who participated.  I can't wait for the next CAP contest!

To answer a few of the questions that were asked on the stream, my park was not re-purposed from an earlier time.  I made it just for this contest.  Like someone mentioned, my park was greatly inspired by the skate park portion of the Tampa level.  This is because Tampa was one of my favorite levels to play along with my brother and sister when we first got THUG 1 for PS2.  I agree that the level feels a little tight in the two buildings.  I had to reduce the space a little in order to make sure that the park meter didn't overfill and freeze the game.  I also wanted to keep the level from getting any larger because I was trying to make the background theme surrounding the park align with some of the objects used in the park.

tyler:
Fantastic job from all of those who participated, and congrats to ThAEm for winning! We had a lot of submissions this time around and I hope to see even more in the next one. Thank you all for the fun parks!

thedodeman:

--- Quote from: Chuckiepk on January 14, 2018, 10:09:12 pm ---To answer a few of the questions that were asked on the stream, my park was not re-purposed from an earlier time.  I made it just for this contest.  Like someone mentioned, my park was greatly inspired by the skate park portion of the Tampa level.  This is because Tampa was one of my favorite levels to play along with my brother and sister when we first got THUG 1 for PS2.  I agree that the level feels a little tight in the two buildings.  I had to reduce the space a little in order to make sure that the park meter didn't overfill and freeze the game.  I also wanted to keep the level from getting any larger because I was trying to make the background theme surrounding the park align with some of the objects used in the park.

--- End quote ---
That is really impressive you put together your entry with that much going on in 2 weeks! Seriously impressed. Hope to see more of your work in the future- really good stuff!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version