Why haven't the Thug Pro devs used Thps3s Level mod files

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
I know he has a tutorial. I've supplied him with several models to convert to thps3.  I meant if I was given the tools the devs used to port the thps3 levels to thug pro, then I could easily port any of those thps3 ports that he has done to thug pro, or if I wanted, the remaining thps1, 2, and 2x levels to thug pro

Okay, but will they work properly? Meaning walls are wallride-able, rails grindable, out of bounds and teleport nodes? It's great that you're so confident, but I think a reality check is in order.

Hell, I say go ahead and give you the tools and see where it goes.
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline quazz

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
The THUG Pro team will not be giving out tools to people with no experience and no previous track record of any sort of intelligent attempt at THPS modding.  It's been suggested that we have a public friendly level tool to make bringing in custom levels easier in the future, and that is something I'd hope to see happen.

The model/asset team has been working very hard on our own tools for new levels because we want to do a great job of bringing new things in.  We don't want to do some half baked job with non-working objects/features and graphical errors. 

Speaking directly on the files in Levelmod, many models have broken geometry, (Mall, Downtown) and we're not necessarily wanting to include the 2X versions of the levels for mainline THUG Pro updates.  Some have weird textures or level differences (Crane Drop).
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 12:58:40 pm by quazz »

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
As an user who played levelmod, i admit it was glitchy as fuck, lol

Don't get me started on Skate Heaven with the broken skybox!
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
We don't want to do some half baked job with non-working objects/features and graphical errors. 
That's basically what Neversoft did to Hollywood.There are several walls that cannot be wallrided and stuff that can't be grinded,even though the area is very easy,or stupidly easy to access.I don't know if NS didn't want you in these areas,but they simply didn't add these collisions (quoted below).Are you going to add them when you port the THAW to THUGPro?

Stuff you can't interact with:
Yellow wall is unwallridable:

This ledge isn't grindable,even though you can get stuck here pretty easily if you're proving,finishing your combo.

Both walls are unwallridable.

...And so is this brick wall.

A wallride in here is pretty obvious,and yet the wall is not wallridable.

Etcetera.

THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline quazz

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
About the Hollywood level, that's about a different topic altogether.  If you'd like to make this post in the Suggestions board at ThMods we can have a easier time finding this sort of thing for when we work on this level and could look into changing those walls.

Offline EvilAsh123

• Upload Approved
  • i like modding games files.
    • View Profile
The THUG Pro team will not be giving out tools to people with no experience and no previous track record of any sort of intelligent attempt at THPS modding.  It's been suggested that we have a public friendly level tool to make bringing in custom levels easier in the future, and that is something I'd hope to see happen.

The model/asset team has been working very hard on our own tools for new levels because we want to do a great job of bringing new things in.  We don't want to do some half baked job with non-working objects/features and graphical errors. 

Speaking directly on the files in Levelmod, many models have broken geometry, (Mall, Downtown) and we're not necessarily wanting to include the 2X versions of the levels for mainline THUG Pro updates.  Some have weird textures or level differences (Crane Drop).

So how are people supposed to get the experience, if they don't have the tools to help them get experience. That's the exact same mentality at jobs. You need experience   to get the job, but you can't get the experience, unless you have the job
Thug Pro Username -  GoFundUrself
Discord Name -  AriannaThePrincess13

Offline BlazE

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile

So how are people supposed to get the experience, if they don't have the tools to help them get experience. That's the exact same mentality at jobs. You need experience   to get the job, but you can't get the experience, unless you have the job

Most jobs expect you to go out and get the experience by your own means. How you obtain that knowledge isn't up to them. In most cases, you have to find someone (or a company) that is willing to take the time to teach you. Until you have that experience, large companies aren't going to give you the tools to do the job then send you in the field. (It was your idea to compare this to jobs, not mine)

I can tell you from personal experience that the THUGPro devs are not against helping people learn, but you have to at least have a foundation of basic knowledge to get started. I've been surprised by the amount of help some of them have been willing to give me. I don't know your background of THPS/modding, but when someone with zero experience asks how to do an advanced task such as this, they literally have no idea where to start, and to teach everyone everything from square one would just take an unreasonable amount of time. Maybe ask them what you can do to get started, as opposed to jumping in and telling us how easily you could get it done. That kind of attitude will not get you any help.
Find mods and tutorials by me at www.tnthps.us

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
Quote from: EvilAsh123
The problem with your analogy is if your resume is good enough for you to be invited in for an interview the employer isn't going to ask you specific questions about private in house tools. Instead they're going to ask you primitive problem solving skill questions to judge your knowledge of basic skills you should already have. If you don't know how to use arrays there's no point in asking you how you'd approach the problem of finding the missing number in an array of 1 - 100. Similarly, if you don't have intermediate to advanced problem solving skills it makes no sense to ask your approach on solving the N Queens problem.

Here's an analogy that's better suited for how you're actually acting.
If you're applying to be a contractors assistant and they ask you in an interview how would you make a miter cut, they aren't asking what tools you'd use but what technique you'd use in order to achieve near perfect miter joints every time even on untrue walls.
Based on your previous responses, your answer would be I don't know how to make near perfect miter cuts because I don't own a 12" electric miter saw. Tools only allow you to work faster and more efficiently, but if the technique you're using is still the wrong one you don't have the knowledge to be using a hand saw and a miter box let alone a power saw.

Blaze gets it.

Offline Krad

• Administrator
    • View Profile

This is silly.