thpsX.com News/Updates > Site Suggestions

Just 1 forum. Better idea?

(1/3) > >>

Chatter:
As a fan of THUGPro, I have noticed there's a few forums about Tony Hawk games. For example this, thmods, phun, and maybe even more.

I have a suggestion, which is to redirect people to just one forum. I don't mind which forum it is, as long as it's just one.

My reasoning, is that most people, including myself, are too lazy to register and be active on multiple forums about the same thing.
My theory is that this could cause spread. Some people will join phun, some will join this, etc. Not everyone will join all.

I think if all of the TH community should focus on one forum. I think it could be helpful in growing the community and having the community be more clear and easy to understand.

Please let me know what you think.

-Chatter

Skater1014:
I agree with this as well.
I never got why there's always been so many different forums for THPS.

- Here
- THPS.TK (Used to be THPS.US.)
- Thmods
- THPS-Mods
- Chapter 3
- Phun
- The THPS Subreddit if that counts.
- Etc.

I only have an account here and on Thmods.
(I originally only wanted to make only one here, but Zure told me that I should make an account there and the devs seem pretty active on the THUGPRO section over there.)
I really don't want to have multiple accounts so I just stick with these 2.

However, just having only 1 site would most likely never happen since all of these sites are run by different people and have also been around for years.

zace:
I agree :)

sk8ace:
Each forum is owned by a different person. I don't see anyone giving up their forum traffic to another site.

I agree that having one central forum is a good idea. The only way I see that happening is if sites shut down and force people to use a different forum.

People tend to pick their favorite forum and stick with it.

Also, the community seems to be getting smaller. With the lack of recent updates, the server chart shows less and less people playing each day. A few months ago, we were hitting close to 40 players online every night. Now we are lucky to break 25.

Skater1014:

--- Quote from: sk8ace on September 26, 2016, 04:09:39 pm ---With the lack of recent updates, the server chart shows less and less people playing each day. A few months ago, we were hitting close to 40 players online every night. Now we are lucky to break 25.

--- End quote ---
It could also be the instability of the game as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version