• ShutMeUp's DevonttaieArt.
If im not mistaken, it was a "Intel
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."
-HooL (Quite a while ago)

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
did you reapply thermal paste on the new one?

Are you getting a bios screen?

Offline ShutMeUp!

• I can't wait for you to ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
did you reapply thermal paste on the new one?
Noope! I've no thermal paste with me, might ask for one someday.

Are you getting a bios screen?
Noope!
It used to, but the PC would only boot after several attempts, never the first.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:05:46 am by ShutMeUp!!! »
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline SK8.William

• Upload Approved
  • pfp art by ShutMeUp!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Do you remember when it stopped working?
THUGPro Custom Story Mode is out!
PLAY IT NOW!

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Well, i do and know it didn't stop suddenly, i know i was playing THUGPro and calling on skype with the crew, until i had an BSoD, it restarted fine and happened once. After a while, another BSoD, and again and again and again, to the point where it could not let me login because of freezing/BSoD while loading Windows 8, even tried using an windows 8 installation disc since it told me that boot.exe (along with other system files) was missing/corrupted, with the help of Josh-AUS i tried an elimination process and stuff, but after replacing the CPU, the PC wouldn't even boot!
(It still doesn't)

TL;DR

Yes, i do remember, it did not start all of a sudden, tho, but i remember that like it was a week ago. (Actually 7 months ago)
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You can't run a cpu without thermal paste. The cpu is probably fried/dead.

Offline Skater1014

• Upload Approved
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Yes, i do remember, it did not start all of a sudden, tho, but i remember that like it was a week ago. (Actually 7 months ago)
So, pretty much, you've had no PC for more than half a year already.
Wow...

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Why did you replace the cpu? Are you sure the cpu you got fits the motherboard? It needs to be specific to your motherboard.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
You can't run a cpu without thermal paste. The cpu is probably fried/dead.
The first CPU had no thermal paste on it, which i assume my bro removed it after i saw him removing the fan, not sure why.
Now, the CPU i installed, it already had TP... I fucked up, did i? :l
Unless you meant the CPU i installed, i don't know if this is a good answer now. ō_
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline sk8ace

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If the new one already had it then you are good.

The fact that it never worked is interesting. I had to upgrade my motherboard Bios to accept an upgraded CPU. Maybe your Mobo doesn't recognize the new chip?

Putting the old CPU back in would be my first option I would do. That way you can at least boot it up and install the latest bios for that motherboard.

If you could, write down both CPU model numbers as well as your motherboard number so we can look up compatibility.

There are different generations of Core2Duo that may not work in the same motherboard.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Well, i only know the old one, maybe i could send a pic and you could more or less recognize it perhaps. Not sure myself.
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline %.gone.

• View Profile
You're supposed to clean off the thermal paste and reapply a new bit of goop. If it were a new thermal pad you'd be okay although thermal pads aren't the best but better than nothing.

As sk8ace mentioned about bios sometimes the socket supports the cpu but the mainboard was made when slower versions of the cpu were available.
Maybe you could try and flash a newer bios if the one in the system isn't the most recent.

Offline Chatter

• Upload Approved
  • 19/m/Netherlands
    • View Profile
Hey Shut!

Any updates?
Sup, I'm Chatter. (HN.Chatter) my Skype is thedudecalledjoris.

My clan is HN. Henchness!

I'm always LF people to play with, also wanna join a clan some day and do wars/competitions and stuff.

Offline ShutMeUp!

• View Profile
Well, let's just say.. I haven't tried anything else, it feels like the CPU was fine all along, just no TP and the problems are most likely on either PSU or motherboard, which i don't have any replacements, plus i'll be wasting my time if i keep trying "to find which is the problem", im not feeling like dettaching something to the PC that is very attached, i rather somebody much more experienced do it but the problem is, a technician costs money and my older brother.. How am i going to explain my theory if he's the experienced one and im just slowly learning? Plus i have a low risk of getting my HDD totally formatted, better not take it even if it's a little, and trust me, luck isn't something i have. I got a lot of important stuff in there, don't get me started on Skype chat pics, THUGPro texmod tpfs and my damn drawings!

I'll rely on my bro giving me a way better PC after he's done with buying his stuff, aka February 2017 or later.

I promise to draw some CASes (you heard that right! I fucked up a surprise, tho) when i get the PC for the patience of having to wait long enough to get to meet the skype chat!

For now, i'll be checking this forums daily! :D

tl;dr
If you did skip it, i hope a dog bite your balls and your christmas tree falls on you. 😡
If you did read it, i hope you have a wonderful christmas and a happy new year! 😄❤
All i said was there's nothing i can do but wait until i get a new PC on february or later, that's all.
"Winners never cheat.
And cheaters never win."

Offline Anntire

• Upload Approved
  • Someone come kick my ass!
    • View Profile

I promise to draw some CASes (you heard that right! I fucked up a surprise, tho) when i get the PC for the patience of having to wait long enough to get to meet the skype chat!

Drawing CASes? Oh rad dude you should draw like a bunch of us!